As an aromatherapist, you learn that there are lots of different ways to blend essential oils. You can blend based on plant part, chemical make up, or scent. I like to choose a mixture of methods, sometimes combining all three, to maximize the potential of the oils.
Valentine’s Day Aromatherapy Blends
- 20 drops Sandalwood (calming and grounding, this woodsy oil protects skin and relaxes the body)
- 5 drops Ginger (warming and spicy, this oil stimulates circulation to the applied area)
- 10 drops Vanilla (warm and rich, this oil invites you to take a deep breath)
- 15 drops Rose Absolute – (floral and sweet, Rose Absolute is excellent for the skin and for balancing emotions)
- 3 drops Geranium (fresh and floral, this oil is uplifting and emotionally freeing)
- 7 drops Jasmine Absolute (exotic and sensual, this delicate oil helps release inhibitions)
- 20 drops Ylang Ylang (sweet and exotic, Ylang, Ylang is well known as an aphrodisiac)
- 8 drops Rose Absolute (floral and sweet, Rose Absolute is excellent for the skin and for balancing emotions)
- 12 drops Sweet Orange (citrus and fresh, this oil is bright and uplifting)
Methods of application:
- In the diffuser, add 3-4 drops of your essential oil blend.
- Add 10 drops of essential oil blend into 1 oz. carrier oil (I suggest Jojoba or Sweet Almond). Blend well.
- Add 10-15 drops of essential oil into 2 cups of Epsom Salts. Mix well and use a few tablespoons in the bath.