Gathering around the grill never gets old, but standard burgers and bland sides do. Throwing in an unexpected mix of sweet and heat is the key to transforming traditional foods into mouth-watering masterpieces.
To kick things up a notch this summer, bring flavor and spice to your outdoor fare with simple recipes using extraordinary sauces. Aged cayenne pepper, red chili peppers and garlic are savory additions that can easily elevate the flavor of any item on or off the grill, especially in burgers and dips.
A great summer burger is all about the toppings. Revolutionize a basic bacon burger into a Spicy Crunchy Burger with Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce, which is made with a premium blend of aged cayenne peppers that adds a kick of heat and a whole lot of flavor.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 slices American cheese
- 6 hamburger rolls or Kaiser rolls, split
- 6 tablespoons Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 12 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 cup French’s Crispy Fried Onions
- Form ground beef into 6 burgers.
- Grill burgers over high heat until juices run clear (160°F internal temperature). Top each burger with one slice cheese and cook until cheese melts.
- Arrange burgers on rolls. Top with Frank’s RedHot sauce, bacon and crispy fried onions, and add lettuce and tomato, if desired.
- 1 cup Frank’s RedHot Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Place cream cheese on serving dish.
- Pour Frank's RedHot Sweet Chili Sauce evenly over cream cheese.
- Serve with crackers, chips or vegetables.
For more grilling and summer recipes, visit FranksRedHot.com