These Orange Creamsicle Pancakes are everything you love about creamsicles, in breakfast form. The pancakes are orange infused, sandwiched with a rich, sweet, creamy filling. But the best part of all is our Aunt Lana’s famous tangy orange syrup, it was always a special treat when we would get this syrup growing up, it is oh so yummy.
I made this recipe the quick and easy way with a pancake mix for my base, but if you have the time I highly recommend making your pancakes from scratch. We have a delicious pancake recipe HERE. But if you want to get breakfast on quick, the pancake mix works great, just be sure to use orange juice instead of water to give the pancakes a nice light orange flavor.
The cream filling is also an amazing cheater recipe. It is so much easier than making the cream filling with eggs, that has to be cooked and tempered just right. Not to mention this easy cream filling tastes so good, I actually prefer it to most cream fillings that I have tried, I don’t see why I would ever use anything else. I couldn’t stop sneaking tastes of it.
- 2 cups instant pancake mix
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 (3 oz) pkg instant vanilla pudding
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- For the Orange Syrup
- 1 (12 oz) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 c. butter
- Mix together the pancake mix and orange juice and cook on a griddle over medium heat till golden on both sides.
- In a large mixer, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. It should be very thick.
- Whip in the powdered sugar, then the instant pudding. Add 2 Tbsp of milk to make the consistency a little more creamy.
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to a boil stirring occasionally, remove from heat and serve.
- Sandwich a large dollop of the prepared vanilla cream between two prepared pancakes then drizzle orange syrup over the top.